Friday 11 February 2011

Johnny Flynn - The Wrote And The Writ

Last weekend, I was fortunate enough to be locked in a very nice bar situated in the Town Hall Market Square area (better known as Raekoja Plats to the locals, I think) of Estonia's capital, Tallinn. I must say, the Old Town is beautiful, in body and spirit. (More on that later).

Late into the evening my good friends and I got chatting with another group of cool people (courtesy of Continental Pek) who turned out to be very good friends with the girl behind the bar. The place was alive! Friendships were quickly formed, stories told and a great time was enjoyed by all, over pints of beer, mojito's and a host of assorted shots. We were made to feel very welcome and are indebted to those we met. So thank you.

I spoke to a pretty young lady, who's name I shall not mention. As we talked we discussed music and in particular folk music. Seemingly, we had a similar taste in this subject and she mentioned this guy, Johnny Flynn. In return, I am always keen to promote the good word of 'The Tallest man on Earth' and 'Stornoway' respectively. So back in Aberdeen I checked him out and was super impressed with what I heard. He's awesome! So thanks...Kris!


No comments:

Post a Comment