Wednesday 23 March 2011

The girl with no name

She has no name but a pretty face? An emulsion soul and a heart of grace?

Hungover and tired, Sunday was indeed a day of 'productive rest'. I was going to be spraying up some stencils outside as it was nice and warm but the back garden (that is shared) had some of the neighbours clothes hanging out to dry and no doubt, they were going to end up being covered in overspray, which would have been a bit of an inconvenience for them I'd imagine.

So undeterred, I painted in the living room instead, exchanging spray paint for wall emulsion. I have a few small (some may say extensive) decorating jobs to finish in our flat and one of these was putting the final coat of paint on the bathroom roof. In the process of digging out all my tools and brushes, I found some old paint samples that we had laying about. You know the story, the colour looks great on the tin but once you get it home, pop it on the walls, it turns into something completely different. I'd cut this stencil a while ago and it was one piece that was going to be incorporated into another but I was just glad to be painting something (other than the bathroom roof) to be honest.

It turned out alright but it's fairly rough in comparison to using cans and it takes ten times longer to do. The paper also starts to curl up and peak when the paint goes on making it a little harder to work with. I might add some more to this or it might just be best to set her free and paste her up somewhere around town. Fly my little one, fly!






No comments:

Post a Comment